Anyone here using Oracle's Ultra Search? The MetaLink forum is =
apparently unmonitored and even Google hasn't helped much. I've got =
some outstanding issues (at least three) on our 10.1.0.3.0 Ultra Search =
instance running on Solaris9.
First, after successfully crawling our intranet, I see that the =
DR$WK$DOC_PATH_IDX$I table (presumably an Oracle Text object) is growing =
much larger than I had expected. While there's no immediate need, =
should I want to move this to another tablespace, how? I seem to =
remember that Oracle does not support the movement of some Oracle Text =
objects, but I'll be darned if I can find info on this.
Second, I'm getting some crawler errors in the logs. It started off =
with an ORA-00001
on WK$CACHE_PK and has seemingly turned into =
, no statement parsed" since. MetaLink says the ORA-1
fixed and there's no articles on the latter. Methinks not.
Third, I'm using a robots.txt file to exclude the web paths to be =
crawled, but since our intranet uses frames (despite my insistance that =
frames are evil, like the fruits of the devil, evil) the navigation =
frames are being included in the crawl. I've tested using the ROBOTS =
META tag to disregard indexing the navbar, but follow it's links, but it =
looks like Ultra Search ignores those. Anyone successfully use a =
If this is like my previous Ultra Search posts, I won't hold my breath =
for an answer...
Rich Jesse System/Database Administrator